The Peel Cycling Club racing in the Rockingham/Mandurah areas has a Junior Cycling Foundation.
It seeks to:
- Explore avenues of fund raising
- Educate junior cycling talent in bike
- skills and team awareness
- Select junior cycling talent
- Market the services available
- Organise junior race events
- Provide facilities for cycling off-road
Junior Training Sessions
As of 2018, the club is running junior training sessions on Wednesday afternoons. Meeting at 5.45 at the cemetery on Stock Rd in Parklands (take the Lakes Rd exit from freeway)
Sessions are run by club coaches, usually splitting into ability-based groups. Junior Training Registration Form 2018
Club Kit Offer
In an endeavour to promote PDCC Junior Cyclists at local and open events as well as group and informal rides in the community and to promote Junior Cycling in the Peel District, the club has agreed to supply a club jersey and knicks to any junior member under 21 years of age subject to the following conditions:
- The person must have been a member in 2014 and have renewed their membership in 2015. If the member was not a member for the whole of 2014 then the member is not entitled to this offer until such times as the member has been a member for 12 months.
- The member must have been and continue to be racing on a regular basis.
- This offer is only available if the member’s uniform size can be obtained from the club’s supplier. Note. a number of smaller sizes are not available.
- The club reserves the right to refuse this offer to any person the Committee believes does not deserve this benefit.
All applications for a club kit to be made to Peel District Cycling Club Junior Co-Ordinator.