The Committee held it’s monthly meeting on Tuesday 8th, following are some of the notes from the meeting:
- A local Warnbro school is wanting to start an informal bike maintenance and skills class on Tuesdays. They have already obtained equipment and spares, and are looking for someone with a bit of time and expertise to work with the kids. Contact Steve Dodd if you are interested for more information.
- An event will be held in Baldivis on the 18th May to showcase various activities available to the residents, and we have been asked to host a small display to promote our club and cycling in general. It will run from 12 to 2pm at Baldivis Secondary College. Anyone interested in representing the club can contact Mark Glorie.
- The volunteer roster is nearly completed for the first half of the Winter season, which is a great result. Members who have not signed up yet may be arbitrarily allocated a race, at which point it becomes their responsibility to find a replacement if they are unable. For more information visit the Marshalling page.
- Club skin suits will be designed shortly, expect them to be of similar design to the new kit. Sizing and pricing to be announced when they are known. Some arm warmers should be included in our next delivery also with pricing to be finalized. Polo shirts are also available for $33.
- All racers and grades are currently in the process of being re-evaluated, along with the procedures for promotion and demotion between grades. Members should expect changes at the beginning of the Winter season, and the Committee also asks members to be patient during this period while we work on the solution that is best for everybody.
- Preparations are ongoing for the 2014 Peel Junior Tour, which has been moved to Saturday 17th May to accommodate many families who wish to also attend the Armadale Gran Fondo on the 18th. Kwinana Motorplex has been booked as the venue due to concerns about increases of traffic at Wandi. Expect more information to be made available as it comes to hand.