The PDCC committee held it’s monthly meeting on Tuesday 13May14 at the Gary Holland centre in Rockingham. Items discussed were:
- A request to set up a display at the Rockingham City Shopping Centre has been received from the Rockingham City Council. The committee decided that, based on a lack of interest from the public in previous years, the club would not participate this year.
- The club received a letter from the Children’s Leukaemia & Cancer Research Foundation thanking us for the $100 donation given in October 2013.
- Steve Dodd attended the Presidents’ meeting on 09May14. One of the many subjects discussed was the common problem of increased traffic/traffic management, lack of volunteers and availability of suitable race venues.
- PDCC race numbers are down slightly on the same period last year.
- Stock of club clothing is available with another shipment on it’s way – contact Mark Glorie
- The new race gradings received favourable comments from committee members.
- Registrations for the Handicap race in two weeks time are required via the PDCC website. Failure to register by the due date may result in late entrants being allocated an unfavourable handicap.
- Last minute preparations for this weekend’s Peel Junior Tour were discussed. A check of volunteers attending, jobs allocated, food/drinks, race routes, tents and registration requirements etc were organised. Volunteers are requested to be at the Motorplex gate by 0700 on Saturday 17May14.
The next meeting will be held on 10Jun14.
As always, club members are encouraged to discuss PDCC related concerns they might have with committee members with a view to improving the club.