On the 6th July 2014 Perth Integrated Health Cycling Group (PIHCG) will be hosting a very special fund raising Ride event called the SAVE LEVI RIDE. Levi is a very special young man who has been born with a rare condition and he is in urgent need of proper medical attention. Levi’s quest can be found on his Facebook page under:
Levi’s leukodystrophy battle – and I urge that you go to these pages and follow it.
We are asking ALL cyclists to be part of this very special Ride Event to help raise funds for young Levi who needs as much sponsorship as his family can get to take him to the United States so he has the rare opportunity for treatment and a better future.
To facilitate this Event – we have decided to create the SAVE LEVI RIDE on the template of the City of Armadale Grand Fondo – CAGF 70 km route which will be applicable for developing and experienced riders. We want as many riders as possible to do this event for Levi and to use the economic and community power of cycling to make a difference. Many of you will also knowLinda Wibberley who has for years been a dedicated and generous supporter of the cycling community. It is our time now to support Linda – as young Levi is her grandson.
We have the blessings of Levi’s parents Ben and Ashley and his grandparents Linda and Ken Wibberley to conduct this event on behalf of LEVI.
The registration link will emerge within above time frame and we will be charging $45 per rider for the SAVE LEVI RIDE of which $40 will go straight to his family. The remaining portion of the funds will go towards the required event insurance and also on-line fees. There will also be options for further donations on the on-line sign up at $10, $20, $50 and $100 whichever your can contribute to.
SPREAD the word – read up about Levi through his Facebook page and make sure you get your social / bunch / team / club riders organised as we want as many of you to come and do this for LEVI on the 6th July 2014.
Specific queries please direct them to Ian Wee: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the crucial information below:
- Registered riders will be provided with Event Information via email.
- There will be NO traffic marshals, NO event management and no event village as this is a Community Social Ride.
- There will be NO direction signs for the route and all riders MUST download the Directional Cue Sheets and the TCX / GPX file for the route which is the SAME route as the City of Armadale Grand Fondo CAGF 70.
For the CAGF 70 route map and directional cue sheets please go to: http://armadalegf.com.au/events/official-road-maps/
TCX / GPX file for route please go to: http://armadalegf.com.au/events/gps-maps/
- Start time of the Ride event is 630 am for 700 am departure. Riders will leave in waves from 7 am to 730 am.
- As safety is paramount we advise that all riders should be in high visibility attire and have their riding lights ON during the whole event.
- All riders will need to adhere to the normal WA Road Rules as normal traffic rules apply as there are NO road closures.
To sign up for the SAVE LEVI RIDE please go to: https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=12159
We hope that each and every one of you from all clubs, groups and associations – will see this as a great opportunity for the WHOLE cycling community to be bi-partisan and to put aside whatever politics, differences and opinions aside – to do this to save a young life and to show the whole Perth community the WILL and the GENEROSITY of the cycling community and what we do for charity rather than creating the constant repetitive negative news about us cyclists.
Get your people to ride in their colours, ride together and in harmony for LEVI WIBBERELEY – Please.