The PDCC committee held it’s monthly meeting on Tuesday 09Sep14 at the Gary Holland centre in Rockingham. Some of the items discussed were;
- Club president Steve Dodd thanked Brendan Boyd for conducting the duties of Treasurer in the absence of Harry Postma.
- Steve Dodd briefed the committee on his recent meeting with the Wheel Chair Sports WA Association. There is a group of 15 hand cyclists and a few other para cyclists keen to participate in road races and time trials. The committee at a previous meeting agreed to accommodate them at some of our race meetings (not all courses or facilities would be suitable for them). They start separately (to PDCC competitors) but use the marshalls and timing system etc.
- The replacement Marquees displaying the club logo is still being looked at. There is a problem locating an interested manufacturer /supplier.
- The club’s presentation night has been booked for the 16Nov14. It will be held at the Rockingham Yacht Club from 15:00. More information to follow.
- Another order for club clothing is likely to be placed shortly, as stocks of particular sizes are depleted.
- Club members are again reminded that volunteers are still required for marshalls, drivers and/or other duties at the Pinjarra Classic to be held on Sunday 21Sep14. If you are able to help please contact either Steve Dodd or Adam Wise.
- The PDCC AGM will be held on 23Nov14.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 14Oct14. As always, club members are encouraged to discuss PDCC related concerns they might have with committee members with a view to improving the club.