The PDCC committee held it’s monthly meeting on Tuesday 11Nov14 at the Gary Holland centre in Rockingham. Some of the items discussed were;
- Justin Brown and Fraser Hanlan have volunteered to take junior riders for a mid week (possibly a Tuesday) and Saturday rides. The committee thanked them and agreed to finance any training expenses incurred by either Justin or Fraser. It is hoped this junior cycling group will be able to improve bike handling and racing skills etc. More information to follow!
- As previously advised, a volunteer is required to assume responsibility for submitting Traffic Management Plans to the relevant authorities. The successful applicant is expected to assume the role early in the New Year. If you are interested please contact Steve Dodd.
- WA cyclesport INC. will be holding their AGM and afterwards a members’ forum on Saturday 29Nov14. The meeting will be held at the Dept of Sport and Recreation, 246 Vincent Street, Leederville commencing at 2pm.
- Peter Moyses submitted a written brief. This included a commitment by him to continue to monitor the council meeting minutes to identify any discussion on cycling facilities.
- The committee also discussed preparations for the club presentation night to be held this Sunday and the AGM to be held on the 23Nov14.
- The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 09Dec14. As always, club members are encouraged to discuss PDCC related concerns they might have with committee members with a view to improving the club. Or, if you’d prefer, you could perhaps attend the AGM.