The PDCC committee held it’s monthly meeting on Tuesday 09Dec14 at the Gary Holland centre in Rockingham. Some of the items discussed were;
- Ryan Willmot volunteered and has now been appointed Club Secretary.
- Adam Jones and Peter Mills have volunteered to help with the processing of Traffic Management Plans.
- Training Sessions for juniors and other interested club members will be conducted by Justin and Fraser. These will be held on Tuesdays and Saturdays in Wellard. The committee agreed to fund any costs involved in them obtaining further qualifications.
- Consideration is being given to the purchase of a second hand Motor-Pace scooter to aid with the development of juniors on the road. This was approved subject to mechanical inspection/ serviceability and price negotiation.
- Steve Dodd attended a meeting with other WA cycling bodies to discuss ways to improve (cycling) road safety and facilities.
- Correspondence has been received from the Para-Cycling / Hand Cyclists thanking the club for them being able to race at the Quit Motorplex.
- Andrew Bennett advised that the State Government have provided $500 for the purchase of the coloured racing caps.
- More ’E’ Grade riders are required. Dave Simmonds will endeavour to recruit more entry level riders to the club. Other club members are encouraged to do likewise.
- The committee accepted that the Winter road racing courses will be the same as for this year (no new courses and none deleted from the program).
- The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 13Jan15 at 1830.